May 13, 2011

Finally!

Blogger has been down for a few days so I wasn't able to update here how the market and stuff went in much detail, and you know I love to yak, so, here is the (light) run-down of going-ons and happenings.

Opening day at the market was a little chaotic, being that I didn't know exactly where I was going so I was a little late (but still the first craft vendor) setting up at 5:20am. The weather seemed to be foreboding, cloudy and drizzling, but that blew away by 7am for sunny - and hot - weather. We lucked up that the first day of the Market fell on Harry S. Truman's birthday, so the entire Square of downtown Independence was full of festivities and the amazing smell of kettle corn. Yum. Seriously, yum. I love kettle corn. And Jess and I sent a bunch of monsters off to new homes Saturday, and had a great time getting to know our fellow vendors. We got a lot of feedback from the local kidlets about what monsters they liked the best and what we should name future monsters. Adults even stopped in to play and get to know the monsters! :) I can't wait for next Saturday, we really had a great time and I know it's the perfect place to set up weekly with the monsters! We unfortunately won't be at the market this Saturday, the 14th, but we will be returning weekly on the 21st! :) Come and check it out, Truman Rd in Independence, MO, between Main and Liberty! Produce, flowers and plants, all locally grown, as well as handmade crafts and jewelry from local artists! Shop local!

Tomorrow I will be at downtown Scrivner's Creativity Center in downtown Leavenworth, KS from 1-3ish to partake in fun that is Leavenworth's Second Saturdays. Scrivner's is hosting a Kids Zone fun strip! They will have games, prizes, live music, and awesome shopping as always, and Lu & Ed will be dropping off new stock of monsters, including several baby monsters. Stop by and check it out! :) The Kid Zone and Second Saturday fun is going from 1pm to 6pm.

So, if you throw in Mother's day, my fiancè's birthday, baby sitting, and sewing like a woman obsessed, this week has been pretty busy. :) I wouldn't have it any other way though! Chaotic, busy, and fun. That's what my life is. :) And now that Blogger is up and at 'em again I keep you posted with long and drawn out updates again...

Like that I'm moving my studio from the master bedroom upstairs to the full basement downstairs! I'll have a two room studio complete with cable and internet,and completely separate from the living area so I can make as big of a mess as I want. :D Joy! Jess and I are sooooo busy with custom orders and making inventory for the online store and Scrivners that we need more space to spread out our projects and store this plethora of supplies we're accumulating. I'll be sure to post pictures later this week after the big switcheroo!

For now, I have a few customs I need to finish up before I start packing up stuff to move downstairs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...