Jan 6, 2012

Happy 2012!

So, it's a bit late... but.. Happy New Year!


I hope you all had excellent, wonderful holidays!

Ours were very low key, no traveling or anything. Quiet time at home with family and such! My son loved having a break from kindergarten and was reluctant to go back, haha! He read a lot of books over break and got into astronomy with his new telescope he got for Christmas! I did a lot of sewing over break (if you are a fan on Facebook, I am sure you saw my cute new breed of monsters!) and started fostering a dog, who has been named Ripley!


She is a lab/terrier mix, about 2 years old, and so freaking sweet! I was only supposed to foster her.. But.. she is so perfect for our family and such a sweet girl we are thinking about adopting her! :) We are fostering her through Unleashed Rescue, and if you are in West Central Missouri they are always looking for foster/adopters! Such a great organization! :) Ripley has definitely brightened our days! And on the many walks outside she needs, I have found myself more energized and inspired to create colorful, fun new monsters! So I think it's a win win all around. :) I love rescuing animals, it just brings such a positive and great energy into your life! It definitely revitalized my creativity. ♥

So, anyway! I guess you guys are here to see the monsters of 2012, right? Well, here are the plushes I have made since the beginning of the year. :) A little more furry, a lot more cute, and a WHOLE lot more character! I love the direction they are going in! :) 






 What do you think of the furry new look they have? Like it? Love it? Don't like it? Leave a comment and let me know! I will be working on restocking Mon-stors soon too! Here was my first experiment with fur on a Mon-stor. Haha, I feel like I should have added pit hair to him. ;) 



So there you have it! An update on me, my new foster pooch, the family and the monsters!! I have a full size laptop I can take up to Daft Crafts with me now I will be able to write blog posts a lot more easily, so expect to see more soon! :) I have missed blogging on here! :) Facebook and Twitter just doesn't allow the characters for updates like these. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...