May 15, 2012

Mark Your Calendars!

I am now officially sold out of all the big Mon-stors in my shop (!!!) and I won't be restocking until after June 2nd because ---

I was accepted as a vendor in the Strawberry Swing Indie Craft Festival!!!! 


Formerly known as Indie Swing, this is a huge craft show that is sponsored in part by Etsy and held in Prairie Village, KS. It is a two day event, June 1st from 4-8, and Saturday 10-5. I will be there both days so be sure to come see me!  They have free swag bags filled with handmade goodies for the first 150 people, live music, Lindy Swing dancers, raffles, free crafts and demos, great food, and over 50 amazing art and crafts vendors!

I am so excited to be a part of this show! I tried to get in last year but missed the cut-off date for applications. Which, well, I missed them this year, too. But I begged Heather, the event coordinator, to pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease let me participate and, much to my surprise, she was actually able to squeeze me in both days!!! There was a bit of jumping, squealing and happy dancing all over my kitchen when I found out I could participate in the Strawberry Swing Indie Craft Festival this year!:)

Since I wasn't really planning on her actually letting me participate (who wants to accomodate that idiot that's always late to sign up, right?), I only had a total of four monsters made up - so I been sewing like crazy in every spare moment every day to get enough inventory built for the show. I started on May 7th when I found out for sure she could squeeze me in, and my tally so far is three big Mon-stors, seven small Mon-stors, and eleven plushies! I have seven more plushies cut out that need faces, and fabric ironed and ready to be cut for two big Mon-stors this afternoon, and piles of materials waiting to monster-fied. :) I am hoping to have at least fifty (50!!!!) monsters for the show. And while I would love to show off the completed ones, unforunately my camera has decided to no longer work in conjunction with my computer. *sadface* I did post some webcam images of plushies to my Facebook page yesterday if you wanna go scope those out. They definitely aren't blog worthy photos, Haha!

So, ladies and gents - if you are in KS or Western MO, come out to Prairie Village June 1st or 2nd (or both days!) and visit me at the Strawberry Swing Indie Craft Fair! :) I will have tons of great monsters, there will be lots of fun things to do, and it's a great chance to support local artists and crafters! Please spread the word! Here is the Facebook event page as well - you can RVSP and it will pop up a reminder in your newsfeed as the date gets closer under the events page! Send me lots of energetic vibes! I'll be needing all the energy I can get to make it to my 50 monster goal! :)

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! How exciting! Bummer about your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Summer is off to a great start for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very! :) I am so excited to see what the rest of this year has in store for me! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...