Feb 5, 2014

2014 Week 5 - Vacation's over!!!

For those just tuning in, each year I take a vacation from December 20th until February. I still sew and work on personal projects during my break, and this year was no exception. I have been working on items for a subscription box service that goes live in a few weeks (cannot wait to share the details with you!) and I also took on offered to donate some items to a friend in January - I was to make 6 mini stuffed monsters for her to gift the sweeties that model her dresses as gifts!

Unfortunately I got super sick two weeks ago - a nasty cold that caused a sinus infection that got so bad it caused double conjunctivitis & dual ear infections, ew. I ended up on two super aggressive antibiotics that in turn, made me incredibly sick, so even when I was finally feeling better from the multitude of infections, I still wasn't feeling well enough to do much of anything. My last dose of the nasty meds were two days ago and I FINALLY feel like a normal human again. While I was able to sew a bit right after I started antibiotics, I wasn't feeling 100% and didn't get the stuffed monsters done on time. :( What a bummer!! My friend was super understanding though, thank goodness. So glad this bout of illness happened while I was on vacation and not when I was back in the full swing of things!

Since there is no way for them to arrive on time and she can't use them after the photo shoot, I have decided to just list these guys in my shop this coming weekend. ♥ If you want to be one of the first to know when they are live, be sure to sign up for my newsletter! I release it hours before I promote the new listings on social media! ♥  Here is a peek at 'em!





So, while vacation is over, that doesn't mean I'll be churning out monsters crazy fast for my shop right away - I still have other obligations to fulfill, including the subscription box items as well as a collaboration with Anomic Apparel - plus, life happens!


For instance, Tuesday KC was hit with a blizzard, and my son has had three snow days so far this week and we are due for more snow Friday! Since he's here at home I'm soaking up some extra time with him - part of my goal for 2014 was to work hard, but rest more, and spend more time with my fam.

But! With that said, as soon as my boy is back in school and our routine returns to normal, I have to get my hustle (word of the year!) on - Spring shows are coming up! I am super excited about my booths this year, so many great ideas for my set up! :) If you are in the KC area I hope to see your smiling faces at least one event this year! :)

Do you have snow where you are?





1 comment:

  1. Yikes, that sounds like a nasty bout of sickness! Glad you are feeling all better. It's a bummer about the mini monsters for your friend, but at least she was understanding and you can still list them in your shop.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...