Jun 18, 2012

Father's Day 2012

I hope all the dads and families out there had a fantastic Father's Day! ♥ Ours was very low-key. The kidlet and I gave Trace his present, a handmade Kindle Fire case by It's Sew Chelle - I had it custom made with QPR blue and white stripes. He loved it!

Sleepy-head daddy opening his gifts!
After coffee and gifts, we mostly bummed around the house. Trace and the kidlet played video games, and watched Minecraft videos on the Kindle.


Then we went to dinner with my fiance's mom, siblings and grandparents. The perfect end to a mellow, lovely day. ♥

I don't think I even sat down at a computer once yesterday, and kept the mobile browsing to a minimum. It's nice to unplug some days and just recenter yourself! ♥ I am feeling more energized today, and I am going to clean up the studio and spend the day working on some Mon-stors. I have been in a bit of a funk since Daft Crafts closed, so I need to just sit down and create and take my mind off of it. I miss that place so much. ♥ With our move impending, my cousin flying in from Colorado Thursday, and a huge mountain of laundry, I have plenty of things to keep me busy this week, and in the weeks to come. I hope I am able to squeeze in monster making between packing, house shopping online, repainting and all that jazz, but just in case, I am going to take today to get some Mon-stors started and let my creativity flow! Happy Monday!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...