Apr 15, 2013

2013 Week by Week - Week 15

I almost forgot to post this today, in the wake of the terrible tragedy of the Boston Marathon. :( My heart aches for all those affected by today's tragedy. It was hard to read the tragic news, but it gave me hope reading about the every day heroes and rescue workers rushing in to aid the injured, and the marathon runners who went to donate blood as soon as they finished the race. So much courage and bravery was shown today. There is good in this world, there is so much of it. We can't let the terrible stuff overshadow that. Gotta find the light in the darkness, you know? So I am sending positive and healing thoughts to Boston, and clinging to all the good and kindness I have read about since the explosions this evening. ♥

This week... What is there to say about this week? It was busy. Sewing every day from 9:30isham until 4pm, then back at it after dinner from about 7pm until 10pm or so. I feel like I've gotten nothing done, since I don't have a single completed Mon-stor, but I do have this:


That's a giant stack of Mon-stor bits, just waiting on faces. Eleven Mon-stors there plus two more to be sewn and three more to cut out before my show on Saturday. Oh boy. It's going to be a long three days. But that's okay. I got this.

When I wasn't sewing this week, I was serving a king. This guy. He recently got the Lego Lord of the Rings game and has since been obsessed with playing king & knights. I love that boy. After today's tragedy, I hugged him extra tight and spent a few extra hours playing with him after school. ♥ Which just put me behind on more work, but you know what? That's okay.

Enjoying a picnic of berries with a pitcher of water and two 'goblets'.

It'll all be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...